Topic of the Week
No Thanks to Us: The Lack of Gratitude at Work
When it comes to expressing gratitude, the workplace is dead last. No wonder why they call it work. Ironically expressing gratitude will not only create a healthier workplace, it will also create a healthier you.
Blog of the Week
For Women Restaurant Workers, Sexual Harassment Starts with the Day You’re Hired
It would be hard to design a context more conducive to being sexually harassed by co-workers, and indeed, like 80 percent of women restaurant workers in a 2014 Restaurant Opportunities Center United (ROC United) survey, we all were.
Thought for the Week
"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it."
–William Arthur Ward
List of the Week
from Millenial branding
Preferences in a Job: Boomers, GenX and Millenials
- Boomers, meaningful work, 60%
- Gen X, job security, 65%
- Millenials, location, 59%
Top Five News Headlines
- This Transgender Professor Just Won A $1 Million Jury Verdict In A Major Case Against A University
- US Congress used $17 million of taxpayers money to settle discrimination suits with its own employees
- What Housekeepers Endure To Clean Hotel Rooms
- As Native Americans Face Job Discrimination, A Tribe Works To Employ Its Own
- Women Waiting Tables Get Harassed Constantly, And We Know How To Stop It